Thorough, detail-oriented software developer/analyst, with over 12 years’ experience developing business applications of all sizes. Demonstrated design, engineering, programming, debugging and configuration management skills utilizing desktop, web, client-server and PDA technology. Dynamic, versatile and adaptive. Loves new challenges, new projects, new technologies, able to learn and adapt to new technologies, excelling in ‘learning by doing.’ Full project life-cycle experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Application programming with Visual Basic technologies: VB6, VBScript, ASP/VBScript, VBCE/Embedded VB. Microsoft Certified Professional in Desktop and Distributed VB development.
- Database application programming with FoxPro, Access, Oracle, SQL Server, ADO, ADOCE.
- .NET development using VB.NET and ASP.NET.
- Application design and programming for WindowsCE platforms using VB, Visual C++, CE Services and ActiveSync.
- Bar code scanner/computer programming and integration.
- Application and module interface design and back-end engineering.
- Automating software build and deployment strategies utilizing Installshield, Visual Studio, Visual C++, scripting, ClearCase and remote server technology.
- Software analysis, reverse engineering, debugging and defect repair.
- Software quality assurance testing and defect tracking.
- End-user and help desk software support.
- Configuration and version management using ClearCase and SourceSafe.
- Report creation using FoxPro, Access, Crystal Reports.
- Data transfer, import and export.
- Multi-lingual application development.
- Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office and other productivity and system management software packages.
- DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 9x, Windows NT/2000.
Independent Work 2001 to 2004
Created applications for transferring/converting e-mail between Lotus Notes and Netscape, Compuserve Information Manager and Netscape, and OzWin and Netscape, using Visual Basic. Created job-hunting applications using FoxPro, Visual Basic and Excel. Set up small databases for tracking mailing lists. Installed and set up Windows NT and Windows 2000 workstations. Created small personal website using HTML. Studied Visual C++, Java, VB.Net and ASP.Net. Prepared for Microsoft certifications in VB.Net
Spherion - Lincolnshire, Illinois 2003 to 2004
Adecco Associates - Lake Zurich, Illinois 2002 to 2003
Customer Service Associate
On assignment with Hewitt Associates, provided telephone customer assistance to corporate benefit plan participants; technical support for participant use of web site; research and follow-up on issues that could not be resolved over the telephone.
Geneer Corporation - Des Plaines, Illinois 1993 to 2001
Associate Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Major software projects for customers in the telecommunications, packaging, consumer packaged goods, insurance, tax, industrial automation, software and pest control industries. Clients included AT&T, Lawson Mardon Flexible Packaging, Dow Agrosciences, USDATA, Ducharme McMillan, Applied Systems.
- Programmed SQL database applications. Worked directly with SQL databases. Created configuration management tools and procedures to automate SQL database updates and deployments.
- Designed and developed PC and handheld inventory data collection applications with barcode scanner input and database upload/synchronization features.
- Designed and implemented automated configuration management, build and deployment processes for large, multi-team, multi-module, multi-technology software projects.
- Programmed and debugged Web page interfaces, middleware data layer and data transfer components of large, mission-critical web application with thousands of users.
- Provided technical leadership to teams programming new and legacy applications.
- Performed quality assurance testing on applications, including creating and executing test plans, logging and tracking defects and conferring with customers and developers regarding quality and usability issues.
- Interpreted requirements and design documents to create applications, utilities and modules for a variety of projects ranging in size and scope. Met with clients/users when required.
- Performed business and requirements analysis, designed enhancements and new functionality, and prepared estimates, design docs and user docs.
- Performed hardware and design analysis to troubleshoot problems, understand requirements, prepare estimates, design and user documents, and to identify technology for use by project.
- Prepared proposals, estimates, design and engineering documents, user-support documents, ongoing project documentation.
- Participated in design and code reviews with developers, architects and quality analysts, and design and requirement reviews with customers and users.
- Developed applications and utilities to transfer data between applications and systems.
- Developed and executed test plans and other quality assurance tasks.
- Provided remote and on-site customer support.
- Utilized Extreme Programming methodologies to develop and manage software deliverables.
Dover Microsystems - Chicago, Illinois 1991–1993
- Developed PC data collection/ reporting applications for state-funded healthcare programs and local non-profits. Developed data collection, analysis and reporting tools for conducting patient-flow analyses.
Chicago Health Outreach - Chicago, Illinois 1989–1991
Administrative Assistant I/II
Supervisor of Data Collection
- Developed/ managed statistical data collection and reporting system for non-profit agency.
- Trained and supported data collection system operators.
- Created and managed tools for tracking billings, reporting and managing financial accounts.
- Analyzed statistics, created data collection forms, reports, and user documentation.
- Administered small Novell network, supervised data entry clerk and computer activities of admin staff.
- Evaluated and selected hardware for purchase. Performed equipment setup and maintenance.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1985, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale Illinois.
- Associate of Arts, 1982, Triton College, River Grove Illinois.